Nathan “Nate” C. VanDerVeer is an experienced trial attorney, licensed to practice law in all courts in Alabama, Mississippi, and the District of Columbia. Nate’s practice is dedicated to civil litigation with an emphasis on representing victims in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. Nate also has an extensive background in the representation of individuals injured by defective consumer products, automotive products, and dangerous medical drugs and devices.
Nate has successfully handled thousands of cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States and has achieved numerous jury verdicts on behalf of his clients. Early in his career, he was designated as a “Rising Star,” a prestigious designation awarded to less than 2.5% of attorneys in Alabama. For the last 5 years, Nate has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in the field of products liability, which is a designation of top-rated attorneys selected through an extensive evaluation. Nate was also selected as one of B-Metro’s Top Attorneys for 2019 and 2020.
Nate was raised in Charlotte, North Carolina. He graduated cum laude from Auburn University in 2003 with a Bachelor of the Arts degree in Political Science. He is a 2007 graduate of Mississippi College School of Law where he was a member of the Moot Court Board and was President of Mississippi Trial Lawyers, Student Division.
A sample of noteworthy settlements and jury verdicts obtained by Nate include:
- $36,000,000 in a multi-plaintiff spinal fusion medical device case
- $3,000,000 in a consumer product defect case
- $2,750,000 in a premises liability/negligent security case
- $2,200,000 in a product liability/carbon monoxide poisoning case
- $1,600,000 in a premises liability/wrongful death case
- $1,500,000 in an automotive product defect case
Licensed to practice in
- District of Columbia
- Mississippi State Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice (Sustaining Member and Emerging Leaders Caucus Member)
- Birmingham Bar Association (Mentorship Program)
- Auburn University, B.A.
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D.
- Mississippi State Bar
- Alabama State Bar
- Bar of the District of Columbia