Andrew is a proven litigator whose practice is entirely devoted to representing plaintiffs in complex civil litigation, including business litigation, technology litigation, catastrophic personal injury, medical negligence, and product liability cases. Andrew counts as one of his greatest accomplishments, the impact he has made in the lives of his clients, and the preparation necessary to ensure that his clients’ experiences are heard, understood and validated.
In the courtroom, Andrew has served as lead and co-lead counsel in obtaining significant results in extremely challenging cases. His experience has led to the representation of clients throughout the United States and before numerous Federal and State courts. Such cases have ranged from complex business matters to product liability actions to commercial truck collisions and injuries resulting from medical negligence. In those cases, Andrew has established a track record of obtaining multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients.
Andrew is AV Preeminent® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell – the highest possible rating a lawyer can achieve in the categories of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, legal experience, judgment, communication ability and ethical standards. He is a designated “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, a peer-review designation that recognizes the top 2.5 percent of lawyers younger than age 40, and a Top 40 under 40 designee by the National Trial Lawyers. Andrew was also selected by Birmingham Magazine in its Top Attorneys publication, featuring leading attorneys that were recognized for experience and knowledge by peer voting of more than 4,000 local lawyers and Birmingham Bar Association members.
A sample of Andrew’s recent verdicts and settlements include:
- $120,000,000 in a catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death case;
- $7,500,000 in a commercial trucking negligence case;
- $6,000,000 in a commercial trucking negligence case;
- $4,400,000 in a commercial trucking negligence case;
- $4,300,000 in a commercial fraud and breach of contract case;
- $4,000,000 in a catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death case;
- $3,000,000 in a medical negligence case;
- $2,500,000 in a catastrophic personal injury case;
- $2,300,000 in a medical negligence case;
- $2,000,000 in a medical negligence case;
- $1,500,000 in a medical negligence case;
- $1,500,000 in a commercial trucking negligence case;
- $1,300,000 in a defective product case;
- $1,250,000 in a commercial fraud and misrepresentation case;
- $1,150,000 in an industrial site negligence case;
- $1,000,000 in a medical negligence case;
- $1,000,000 in a medical negligence case;
- $1,000,000 in a defective product case;
- $2,250,000 in a catastrophic personal injury case and wrongful death case;
Andrew was raised on a farm in the foothills of North Carolina’s Blue Ridge mountains. After undergraduate studies, Andrew worked in business development in Raleigh, North Carolina and Research Triangle Park. He later moved to Birmingham, Alabama to pursue Juris Doctor and Master in Business Administration degrees from the Cumberland School of Law and Samford University. Outside of the office, Andrew’s greatest enjoyment is spending time with his wife and three daughters. He is proud to volunteer with several non-profit organizations, including Arts for Life, a program that provides therapy to children facing serious illnesses and disabilities in hospitals. By appointment of the President of the Alabama State Bar, Andrew also serves as a committee member on the Specialization and Certification Task Force for members across the state.
Contact Andrew Now (205) 731-2566
Licensed to practice in
- North Carolina
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Samford University – Cumberland School of Law, J.D.
- Samford University, M.B.A.
- Appalachian State University, B.A.
- Alabama State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- US District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- US District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- US District Court for the Western District of Tennessee